Our basketball gymnasium consists of an NBA size basketball court and permanent seating on one side of the gym. Gymnasium hours are subject to change due to leagues and special events; please see the schedule for daily Open Play times.
INFORMATION REGARDING BASKETBALL GYM USAGE
- Admission or membership is required for access.
- Open gym times are a shared space for pick-up basketball and shooting. Games may not monopolize the entire court and must stay on 1/2 of the court.
- Teams and team practices are not allowed in the gym during open gym times.
- All gymnasium hoops are 10-feet in height and are not lowered for open gym or other gym activities.
- Eight-foot hoop available in racquetball court #5
- We do not lower the hoops in the basketball gym. If you would like access to a lower hoop, there is an eight-foot basketball hoop option in Racquetball Court #5
- Subject to availability - Court must be rented (free for CHRC members), and rim must be checked out from East Desk for collateral.
- Intended for patrons 10 and younger only, must have adult supervision.
- For shooting practice only - absolutely no dunking or hanging on the rim.
Gymnasium Non-Commerical Rental: $75 per hour
Gymnasium Commerical Rental: $100 per hour
*Groups and Teams are NOT allowed to use the TRACK OR GYMNASIUM for team practices or other group events. The gymnasium may be privately reserved for teams, based on availaibility.
important information regarding rental requests
- Rental requests MUST be submitted by the 25th of the month previous to the desired rental date.
- Gym scheduling is made on a month-to-month basis and cannot be approved for more than the upcoming month.
- Because the gym is a high demand space, rental times are very limited and may not be available. This is especially true December - February during our Junior Jazz Season.
- Recurring reservations are not available at this time. One-time events and birthday parties are prioritized over recurring reservation requests.
- Reservation requests will be declined at the discretion of the Recreation and Fitness Department, based on the mission and goals of the Cottonwood Heights Recreation Center.
Note that the track remains open for general use during private rentals and is not included with court rentals, nor can it be reserved.