Facilities and Grounds Rules and Regulations (Amended April 26, 2018)
Cottonwood Heights Parks and Recreation Service Area
The Board of Trustees of the Cottonwood Heights Parks and Recreation Service Area (“CHPRSA”), has adopted the following rules and regulations for conducting the affairs of, including rules that govern the conduct of guests, patrons, individual users, groups and persons holding memberships and to provide for the denial of entry, removal and/or termination of membership rights or privileges of any person using CHPRSA owned or managed facilities and grounds in violation of the terms hereof. Each person and/or member present on the CHPRSA premises or using any of the CHPRSA owned or managed facilities or grounds must abide by the rules and regulations adopted and amended from time to time by the CHPRSA Board of Trustees. Each member agrees that such rules and regulations are part of the membership agreement between the member and the CHPRSA and that all members are bound thereby. The Board of Trustees reserves the right to modify and amend any of the rules and regulations governing the CHPRSA facilities and grounds at any time.
1. All admission and passes are non-refundable and non-transferable.
- All memberships are non-transferrable. Refunds may be made in accordance with published refund policies adopted by the Board of Trustees.
- Membership cards must be presented each time a member enters the CHPRSA Recreation Center to obtain the appropriate wristband for activities in the Recreation Center. If a member forgets their membership card, the front desk will be happy to look up the member a maximum of 5 times per membership year. After this, a fee of $5.00 will be charged for a new card. Wrist bands must be visible to staff when participating in any activity at the Recreation Center. CHPRSA staff reserves the right to inspect all wristbands and reject those that are not appropriate for the activity or have been altered in any way.
- All rules set forth on any signs posted in CHPRSA owned or managed facilities and grounds are hereby incorporated by this reference as part of these rules and regulations as though fully set forth herein. All persons using any portion of the CHPRSA owned or managed facilities or grounds shall comply with, and are subject to these rules and regulations.
- Only persons 14 years and older are allowed in the weight room, cardio and sauna areas. Only persons 18 and older are allowed in the whirlpool.
- The CHPRSA , its employees, officers, agents or volunteers will not be responsible for any lost or stolen property or damage to personal property, vehicles or valuables.
- The CHPRSA facilities’ and ground’s operating hours are established by the Board of Trustees and may be changed from time to time.
- All areas of the CHPRSA will not always be available at all times. No membership extensions or partial refunds will be given due to facility or grounds closures for required maintenance, scheduled special events or unforeseen circumstances.
- Courteous and safe behavior is required of all guests, users of facilities and grounds, patrons and members. Profanity, shouting, loud music or music with unacceptable lyrics and other forms of discourteous behavior are not allowed.
- Members, users of facilities and grounds, patrons and guests shall not engage in any conduct that is harassing, annoying, threatening, or injurious to any persons employed by or using the facilities or grounds of CHPRSA nor shall they engage in any conduct that causes others to fear for their safety.
- Members, users of facilities and grounds, patrons and guests shall wear proper attire applicable to the activity at all times. CHPRSA reserves the right to determine proper attire.
- No possession or drinking of alcoholic beverages, illegal drug use or smoking/vaping/use of e-cigarettes is allowed in the facilities or grounds of CHPRSA .
- While using CHPRSA facilities children under the age of 8 years old must be accompanied by an adult who shall be actively engaged in supervision of the child at all times.
- Anyone under the age of 3 years old and those not toilet trained or dependent on diapers must wear an approved swim diaper and plastic covering.
- While swimming, any child 5 and under must be accompanied by a responsible person, 14+ years or older, who is also in the water within an arm’s length of the child. Any child between the ages of 6 and 8 must be accompanied by a responsible person, who is 14+ years or older, who is in the immediate pool area actively supervising.
- No coaching, teaching or training for compensation in any form is allowed at any CHPRSA owned or managed facility and grounds unless authorized in writing by the CHPRSA management.
- All CHPRSA memberships are subject to review and verification of accuracy of information given. Some adjustments may incur additional fees. Applicants for membership may be asked to provide a current IRS tax return to verify dependents listed on their application.
- Membership holds: A membership hold may be granted for medical or military purposes only. The request needs to be in writing at least 7 days in advance of the requested leave. Membership holds will not be granted if the time has already passed. Forms are available at the front desk or online. Any other extreme circumstance request for a hold, needs to be submitted, in writing, to the Director
- The CHPRSA reserves the right to have a person removed from and/or to trespass the person from the use of the CHPRSA owned or managed facilities and grounds or any activities or program therein, by any person and/or to terminate the membership of any member if the CHPRSA determines that the person or member is (a) guilty of inappropriate conduct (b) has violated the CHPRSA rules and regulations; (c) has allowed any person to use his or her membership; (d) fails to make payment of admission fees, user fees, dues or other amounts as required; (e) steals or damages property of the CHPRSA or of any other member or guest; (f) intentionally damages CHPRSA equipment, facilities or grounds; (g) refuses to abide by the operating procedures, rules and regulations for use of the CHPRSA owned or managed facilities and grounds as established by the Board of Trustees or full time CHRPSA management. In such cases, law enforcement may remove a terminated individual, and a terminated member shall receive written notice of termination stating the reasons therefore. A terminated individual user or member may appeal their removal or termination to the Board of Trustees. Appeals shall be filed in writing with the CHRPSA Director. Thereafter, the Board of Trustees shall hold a hearing on the appeal and shall hear evidence regarding the removal or termination. The Board of Trustees may uphold, reverse or modify the terms of removal or termination as deemed appropriate in each case.
- The CHPRSA may, in its sole discretion, terminate any member’s membership without cause by simply so stating the CHPRSA’S intention in a written notice of termination. Termination will not be based on race, creed, color or sex. The CHPRSA reserves the right to refuse service and use of the CHPRSA facilities and grounds to any person for cause.