POSITION OPENING: SWIM INSTRUCTOR
PAY RANGE/WORKING CONDITIONS: $16.00-$17.60/hr (certified); $15.00-$16.50/hr (non-certified) DOE; Part time, seasonal position that has a flexible schedule and has opportunity for growth in the Aquatics department. FREE Premium Family Memberships, discounts and perks are included for all employees working at the Rec!
- Current American Red Cross First Aid certificate and American Red Cross CPR for the professional rescuer certificate or equivalent
- Current Starfish Swimming Instructor certification; we will provide training upon hire if necessary
- Approved Criminal Background Investigation Check if over 18 years of age
POSITION PURPOSE: This position requires the ability to demonstrate good swimming technique. Good human relation and communication skills and the ability to effectively teach and instruct swimmers of differing skill levels are vital to the successful execution of this position. This position is responsible for planning and teaching swimming skills, competitive techniques, and water safety skills for class participants. Maintain records and progress reports and provide instruction in accordance with CHPRSA policies. Incorporate American Red Cross programs and procedures into class sessions. Monitor swimmers, observe and correct errors, and ensure the safety of class members.
- Provide instruction for CHPSA Aquatic sponsored group lessons as required
- Administer basic skills tests and record student progress.
- Promote and support all Center activities in a professional manner.
- Enforce safety regulations and supervise aquatic activities.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining positive relations with students, guardians and patrons.
- Assume responsibility for establishing and maintaining effective working relations with personnel and management.
- Assume responsibility for other duties assigned.
SEND RESUME’S/APPLICATION TO Mckenna Raddatz email@example.com OR call for more information (801)943-3190 x119 Cottonwood Heights Parks and Recreation Service Area is an Equal Opportunity Employer without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender, age, physical or mental disability, National origin or veteran status2023_SWIM_INSTRUCTOR.pdf